Honestly this was my attitude. Everyone is like the last 20+ right? Somewhere along the line of growing up and becoming an adult I seem to have lost some of my fun. You know, some of the “I don’t care if the care bears aren’t real I still love em” attitude.
However last Sunday night as I laid in bed sick I decided what the heck. No one would know, or have proof, and I wasn’t about to run a marathon with strep throat anyways. So I ordered and waited for either something cool or the meds to kick in and go to sleep.
But what I found out is that wrestling is still a lot of fun to watch. Now for those of you who are wayyyy to manly and mature to watch let’s go over some comparisons between watching it when we were kids vs. now:
Then VS Now
- Then: Some of those dudes were scary, very scary. I had to pull the blanket up when the Undertaker came out so he couldn’t see me even through the TV. Now: I’d like to say that since I am all grown-up I could whoop some ass, but truth is I sure wouldn’t trip the Undertaker just to see what happens next.
- Then: I thought they were magic the way they could jump off and around the ring. Now: I can appreciate the athleticism and work these guys put in to do what they do on a schedule that is more brutal than any of the big 3 sports.
- Then: The outfits were awesome totally cool! I couldn’t wait to see if my favorite people were coming out in something new. Now: They are silly but it’s kinda like a fashion show to see who comes out in what colors…course when they change you gotta buy the new t-shirt to match but what’s another $20. Still fun to see.
- Then: The chicks kicked ass, serious ass or they were “managers”. Now: Ummm well this was the only down point for me. Not that I am all girly and women’s lib but that aspect has suffered. True you need hotties but it’s tacky and it’s like looking at sloppy thirds.
- Then: The late night soap opera aspect was great! Couldn’t wait to see what was happening with Miss Elizabeth and the Macho man. Now: Predictable. Let’s face it, we have all watched showed now that we loved as kids and thought “wow this used to be bad ass”, case and point The A-Team. But wrestling is still funny and entertaining. The catch phrases make me giggle.
So even though you folks are all mature and grown-up, take a look. You will laugh and be entertained, which is more than you can say for over half the sit-coms on TV today.
- Racheal Sayers