With Charles doing the latest dance craze “The Dougie” it reminds me of some of his funny quotes and here are my top ten favorite things Charles has said
1. I’d never buy my girl a watch. She’s already got a clock over the stove
2. Olympic Dream Team victory over Angola (116-48) Charles got into a physical altercation with an Angolan team member close to the end of the game, after the game he said “Somebody hits me, I’m going to hit him back. Even if it does look like he hasn’t eaten in a couple weeks. I thought he was going to pull a spear on me.”
3. EJ: “Did you graduate from Auburn?”
Charles: “No, but I have a couple people working for me who did.”
4. “I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I’d work for the Klan.”
5. After retiring from basketball “I’m just what America needs – another unemployed black man.
6. “Did they recognize you in South Dakota?”
Charles: “Yes, they did. It was easy because I was the only black person there. When they see me walking down the street they say ‘There he goes again’. And when I come back the next year they say ‘He’s back yawl!’”
7. On North Carolina missing 22 of its last 23 shots in losing to Georgetown in the NCAA tournament last weekend: “Stevie Wonder could make one of 23 shots.”
8. Charles Barkley on his thoughts about retiring before the season: “I remember sitting down with the Rockets and saying, ‘Yeah. I’m going to retire.’ They said, ‘Well, we’ll give you $9 million.’ And I said, ‘You got a pen on you?’”
9. On the goal of the ’92 Olympic Dream Team when playing Panama in the Tournament of the Americas: “To get the Canal back.”
10. After throwing a guy through a 1st floor window in a bar Charles was in front of the judge.
Judge: “Your sanctions are community service and a fine, do you have any regrets?”
Charles: “Yeah I regret we weren’t on a higher floor”
If there is one person who guarantees you chuckles and laughs even if you aren’t a diehard sports lady Charles is the guy to listen to!
Video of Chuck doing the Dougie.