Many of you who have subscribed to helmetandpadsrequired.com or are avid readers of Yardbarker.com most likely came across my article yesterday that broke the news that the pictures of the Nike NFL uniform sketches were fakes.
Although despite Nike’s claims, as one commenter on my article mentioned yesterday, the pictures look very similar to what Nike uses for their “Pro Combat” line. These pics could very well be a prototype of what the jerseys will look like and someone leaked the pics.
Kind of like the dude who worked for Apple and had left his iPhone 4 at a restaurant months before the actual phone came out.
Apple tried to cover their tracks by saying that the phone that was lost was not a prototype of an iPhone 4 when indeed we found out months later that it was.
So I figured since I have all of these pics of supposedly fake Nike NFL uniforms I might as well rank them and let you guys chime in on the rankings and/or give me your thoughts on this whole Nike fake pics fiasco.
The So Fresh and So Clean, Clean, the Funky, the Okay, the Bad, and the Ugly:
(*Click on the pic once to enlarge it. To make it even larger click on it again*)
The Ugly –
33. Kansas City Chiefs 1 – Ummm, let me see, ummm……. Yeah they should fire the dude who sketched this. In fact the dude who sketched this probably did get fired and he is the one who leaked these pics.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars – Really? Is this how it will be going down every Sunday in Los Angeles, err I mean in Jacksonville? Leopard print doesn’t look good on a hot chick (Shania Twain pulled it off though) and it for sure doesn’t look good on a football player. And what’s that on the helmet?
30. Minnesota Vikings – Okay, are these the new uniforms for the Minnesota Vikings or the LSU Tigers? They aren’t too bad, however they need to get rid of the horns on the sleeves of the yellow Dri-fit shirt.
29. Kansas City Chiefs 2 – Too plain and cheesy looking. They look like the uniforms of one of the teams that the Sharks played against in that movie Any Given Sunday. Like the Bengals uniforms, the helmets are do-able.
The Bad –
The Okay -
24. Chicago Bears – These uniforms are actually nice, however they get put in the okay category for not having the Chicago “C” on the helmet. There are certain teams that you don’t overdo change or get rid of certain things on their uniforms, and the Bears are one of those teams.
19. Washington Redskins – Looks like Nike didn’t even try with the Redskins uniforms. They decided to use the Redskins practice jersey’s and call them the new uniforms. I am surprised they didn’t put a bunch of feathers on the shoulders and helmet like they did with the Chiefs uniforms.
The Funky -
16. San Diego Chargers – I don’t like the bolts next to each other on top of the helmet. The “Chargers” name tag on the chest needs to have a different font other than that 1950’s look. I am not feeling the yellow pants either.
15. Miami Dolphins – Hmmmmm, with me being a Dade County tax payer I hope my money won’t be going into this creation of this in any way possible because I can’t completely co-sign on this. They aren’t bad, just funky. Very Miami.
14. New England Patriots – Looks like something that Marvel Comics would design, however I do think there is great potential for them. I like the concept and from what I can see of the helmet I love it. They just need to get rid of either the stars or the stripes. Can’t do both.
The So Fresh and So Clean, Clean -
9. Baltimore Ravens – The Baltimore Ravens are one of those teams where it will be weird to see them in something other than their current basic designed uniforms of purple and black. These are a nice new look for them.
4. Houston Texans – When the city of Houston was awarded the 32nd NFL franchise, the helmet that was always used to represent the Texans was a white helmet with the Texans logo on it. When the official uniforms and helmets came out, they were blue. I am wondering if this is what the uniforms would have looked like if they would have stayed with the white helmet.
1. St. Louis Rams – Perfect! Out of all of the sketches that I have seen this is the best one of them all. Just like a few of the uniforms in my top 12. There is a nice mix of the old school and new school with these uniforms. I love that they brought back the old blue and white helmets.