I hate to admit it. I like to think that for the most part I am semi-level headed and at least half sane. But sometimes events in sports happen and you just can’t help yourself. There I was at the Cavs/Heat game screaming profanities at the top of my lungs, flipping the bird, and telling people the best way to handle plays. This is even funnier when you pair it with my massive amount of basketball knowledge…ok I’m lying about that.
The fact is…we make fun of people like that all the time. And yet there are circumstances when we become those annoying people. I think the catch is how not to be one of those people at every game. That annoying person everyone wants to shoot. And we would shoot you even if it gets on the jumbotron and we go to jail, at least we would make Sportscenter. Plus the ticket holders beside us would most likely send smoke money to prison that we can trade for soap and maybe salsa (yes I watch too much Lock-Up).
In case you are shaking your head and wondering who that person is….it’s probably you. So here are some clues that it just might be YOU:
- If your idea of dressing up for the game is a team jersey and hat. Added to that you match the t-shirt, socks, pants, and sneakers to team colors. And if you are seriously stylish you will add the gold team logo necklace.
- If you brag about your upper level corner seats as if the owner himself gave them to you and also gave you a personal escort to and from those seats
- If you are over 30 and you are holding up the “You Suck Our Team Is Awesome” sign. Go see the WWE it’s acceptable there
- If you yell at the coach, thinking he can hear you, and almost expect him to turn around and say “Thanks Hank never thought of running that play”
- If you wait until the end of the game then rush the hallway to the locker room so you can swear at opposing players, as if they would care , cry, and scream out “why god why me!”
- If when the game is over you are the asshole cutting everyone off just so you can get to the watering hole first and announce “yep just came from the game”
- If you actually like it when the kiss cam comes on because you think you have a shot
Stop, please just stop. You are driving me nuts….at the Q you sit in section 108 about 4 or 5 rows back…..just sayin…hint hint
- Racheal Sayers